Ομότιμος Καθηγητής Χρηματοοικονομικής Ε.Κ.Π.Α., Πρόεδρος Παγκόσμιου Συμβουλίου Προτύπων Δεοντολογίας του Διεθνούς Ελεγκτικού & Λογιστικού Επαγγέλματος
Chairman of the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants since January 1, 2015.
Emeritus professor of financial economics, University of Athens.
Educated at Yale, obtained his PhD from the Sloan School of Management, MIT. Has taught at US universities (CUNY, MIT), and researched (visiting scholar) at Stern School of Business, NYU and Yale. Has authored numerous books and scholarly articles.
His research interests cover governance of global markets, financial theory and history of regulation and markets.
His long record of public and international service includes:
- Chairman of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission (1996-2004).
- Chairman, Expert Group on EU “Market Abuse Directive” (2000-2003)
- Inaugural Chairman, Public Interest Oversight Board (2005-2011), overseeing global standards for auditors and accountants.
- Chairman of the, University of the Aegean (2013-16)
- Μember, Board of Trustees of the Cyprus Institute (2019-now)